The Washington Post reports: A new study released by the Food and Drug Administration reviewed the medical history of more than 800,000 U.S. women taking different forms of birth control between 2001 and 2007. On average, woman taking Yaz had a 75 percent greater chance of experiencing a blood clot than women taking older birth control drugs.
Have you experienced complications with vaginal mesh implants?
In the last three years, the Food and Drug Administration says it has received nearly 3,000 reports of complications from transvaginal mesh.
Vaginal Mesh Implant Complications include:
- Mesh erosion through the vagina
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Organ perforation
- Urinary problems
This is what we are told by experts:
Liability depends in part on the vaginal/pelvic floor anatomy
- Many SUI/POP meshes were derived from hernia mesh – never tested or analyzed for use in female pelvic floor
- Vaginal region – “clean, contaminated space”
- Specific area of pelvic region also makes a difference
- POP mesh is not compatible with the natural motion of the pelvis
- POP should NEVER be used for posterior repairs.
If you or someone you know has or is having a problem with transvaginal mesh, you should contact us to discuss whether you have a potential claim for compensation
Out of pure curiosity, I was wondering what some of the organizations I belong to paid lobbyist. I came across a website that allowed me to search all kinds of organizations and what they paid to lobbyists. If you believe that money buys influence, you can really see who is doing the buying. According to the website, 2.21 billion dollars was spent last year in reported lobbying costs. My lawyer groups spent 25 million lobbying, which is a lot of money, but is .01% of the total amount.
Inserra | Kelley | Sewell
6790 Grover Street, Suite 200
Omaha, Nebraska 68106-3642
After Hours Call Toll Free
(phone answered by
an actual attorney)