Have you experienced complications with vaginal mesh implants?
In the last three years, the Food and Drug Administration says it has received nearly 3,000 reports of complications from transvaginal mesh.
Vaginal Mesh Implant Complications include:
- Mesh erosion through the vagina
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Organ perforation
- Urinary problems
This is what we are told by experts:
Liability depends in part on the vaginal/pelvic floor anatomy
- Many SUI/POP meshes were derived from hernia mesh – never tested or analyzed for use in female pelvic floor
- Vaginal region – “clean, contaminated space”
- Specific area of pelvic region also makes a difference
- POP mesh is not compatible with the natural motion of the pelvis
- POP should NEVER be used for posterior repairs.
If you or someone you know has or is having a problem with transvaginal mesh, you should contact us to discuss whether you have a potential claim for compensation