Hoverboard Dangers

Our Nebraska readers may associate the now popular hoverboard with its popularity among Nebraska Cornhusker football players.  In fact, the hoverboard has become a very popular craze nationwide and is sure to be a regular on the Christmas list of many Americans.  There is something the consumer should know, however, before purchasing one of these two wheeled scooters and it is not just that eight people were injured in recent months by falls from the boards, that users are running over other people, or even that people are getting lazier and less fit by using them.  It is that these hoverboards have been shown to be a cause for fires due to their rechargeable lithium batteries potentially sending sparks flying when plugged in for charging. 

A Louisiana boy last week plugged his hoverboard in, it sparked, and then the middle part of the board burst into flames immediately.  Thankfully this boy and his family were not injured in the fire, but the potential certainly is there for burn injuries and worse in the case of hoverboard fires increasing in the immediate future. 

If you or a loved one has been injured by a hoverboard’s defective battery overheating and causing a fire do not hesitate to contact Inserra & Kelley Law Offices to see whether you may be entitled to compensation.  Many times that hot item for Christmas and other gift giving can turn out to pose some dangers to the consumer.  This firm is committed to keeping its readers informed and proceeding with caution.