Receiving a blood transfusion can mean the difference between life and death and is certainly a true gift given by countless well-meaning folks. However, in the case of a young Canadian boy, his blood transfusion also gave him a less welcome gift, food allergies. The eight year old boy had to be rushed to the Emergency Room with anaphylaxis, an allergic reaction to certain food that can be severe or deadly. The boy ate some healthy salmon a few weeks after his blood transfusion and suffered the reaction within a few minutes. Doctors reassured the family and sent the boy home with the advice he might want to carry injectable epinephrine just in case. Just days later, the boy ate chocolate and peanut butter together and had another allergic reaction. This boy had never suffered food allergies prior to the blood transfusion, and it is normally very rare that someone suddenly develop reactions to foods that have been consumed in the past without trouble. Therefore, doctors had the blood transfusion to blame in this not too common case.
https://inserra.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/inserra-kelley-sewell-omaha-attorneys-logo-2-ssl.png 0 0 admin https://inserra.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/inserra-kelley-sewell-omaha-attorneys-logo-2-ssl.png admin2015-04-20 16:01:302018-01-18 23:53:23Blood Transfusion Gives the Gift of Food Allergies